Available from Beta LaserMike Inc.
The UltraScan measurement system from Beta LaserMike enables medical tube manufacturers to measure the smallest tubes with ultra-thin walls with the highest accuracy and consistency. It uses multiple transducers to continuously monitor tube wall dimensions, such as wall thickness and concentricity, as well as diameter and ovality. The patented “Snap Technology” automatically sets up the waveforms of all transducers, tracks tolerances to catch wall variations, and provides higher accuracy of average wall and concentricity measurements with assured repeatability. This gives medical tube manufacturers the ability to immediately make process adjustments to avoid scrap and ensure quality results.
The UltraScan system can be used for a wide range of micro tube production applications to measure products such as catheters, drug delivery tubing, surgical tubing, and other medical devices. It also offers the following benefits and capabilities to medical tube manufacturers:
• No special transducers, gauges or electronics required for thin wall measurements
• Extended guiding keeps even the smallest tubes centered
• Provides up to 8 transducer measurements
• Capable of 25 μm (0.001 in.) wall thickness on tubes as small as 250 μm (0.010 in.)
• Unique compact design, specifically for thin wall tube
• Easy to install and use; no maintenance required