Model 2594: Single-Output High Voltage Power Supply: +50kV @ 800μA
Available from Computer Power Supply, Inc.
Single output high voltage power supply: +50 kV @ 800 μA
• Output ripple under 300 mV p–p at full load (50 kV, 800 μA)
• Temperature coefficient under 50 ppm/°C
• Stored energy under 0.25 J at 30 kV output
• Separate connections for HV output cable shield and programming reference
• Overvoltage and overcurrent limited
• Short circuit and arc protected
• Temperature coefficient under 10 ppm/°C
• Automatic output voltage recovery after arcs and short circuits
• Floating high voltage return available
• Common applications include electron beams, ion beams, and X-ray tubes
Model 2594 is a high-stability high voltage power supply designed for the difficult requirements of focused ion and electron beam systems, featuring low ripple and stored energy. The low stored energy at the output reduces system upsets when arcing occurs. The low output ripple is the result of using sine wave excitation to the high voltage multiplier, as well as the use of a novel cancellation circuit. This avoids reliance on a large-value output capacitor.
The 2594 uses separate power return lines for the high voltage load, the input power, and the voltage programming reference. Separating these signals reduces unwanted interactions between the critical programming reference and the other circuits. It also reduces the 60 Hz noise that results from AC line power input.