Model 2593: Single-Output High Voltage Power Supply: +10/15kV @ 1.5mA
Available from Computer Power Supply, Inc.
Single output high voltage power supply: +10/15 kV @ 1.5 mA
• Output ripple under 200 mV peak-to-peak
• Temperature coefficient under 50 ppm/°C
• Stored energy under 0.1 J at 15 kV
• Low reflected ripple on input power line
• Compact case size
• Overvoltage and overcurrent limited
• Short-circuit and arc protected
• Automatic output voltage recovery following arcs and short circuits
• Common applications include electron beam, ion beam, and X-ray generators
Model 2593 is a high-stability high voltage power supply designed for the difficult requirements of focused ion and electron beam systems and X-ray tubes. It features low ripple and low stored energy.
The low stored energy at the output reduces computer system upsets when arcing occurs within the beam column, and prevents damage to the semiconductor wafer being probed. The low output ripple is the result of using sine wave excitation to the high voltage multiplier, as well as the use of a novel ripple cancellation circuit. This avoids the use of a large value output capacitor, and sine wave excitation generates less noise on the input power line in comparison to square wave excitation.
The 2593 uses separate power return lines for the high voltage load, the input power, and the voltage programming reference. Separating these signals reduces unwanted interaction between the critical programming reference and the other circuits.